News on the March 2017
Some noteworthy members have made the news and we wanted to share these insights with you! David Schauer, President of Signtech Electrical Advertising is being showcased in the latest ISA EXPO Brochure, most of you have probably received in the last couple of days.
David, along with Jim Withrow, Training Manager/Safety Officer for Signtech joined Cheryl and I at a meeting of the San Diego County College and Career Readiness Consortium, on March 2nd, at the San Diego Headquarters of the United Way. The goal of the meeting was to engage local area employers in providing work-based learning experiences for high school and community college students. This meeting was organized by Rob Atterbury with ConnectEd, the organization that Pete, Cheryl and I have been working with the last several months regarding identifying the sign industries future qualified employees.
Signtech, under the leadership of David , is on the forefront of this CSA endeavor. Signtech’s VP of Production and CSA Board Member, Patty Soria and Jim attended the workshop at Clairemont High School two weeks ago with me and Cheryl. They wanted to learn firsthand about the Linked Learning Program and its potential for helping to solve the need for qualified employees in the sign and graphics industry. Discussions were held regarding internships, job shadowing, speaking opportunities, company tours, mentoring, etc.
With involved CSA members like David Schauer participating in this Team Effort, the future for the sign industry in California looks bright!
Cheryl and I have known Pat and his wife Bernice for over 25 years, and a nicer gentlemen and family you will not find. Full story here: Citizen of the Year
California Sign Association
- CSA at the Races in 2017 - March 23, 2017
- News on the March 2017 - March 8, 2017
- EXPO! EXPO! EXPO! - February 19, 2017
- January 2017 Board Meets and Eats in Northern California - February 2, 2017
- Education, Part 2 “Pathways” - December 8, 2016
- Education Takes Center Stage, Part 1 - October 20, 2016
- Big Winner Signtech! - September 15, 2016
- A Conference to Remember - September 1, 2016
- CSA FISHING TRIP 2016 - August 16, 2016
- WSSC – CSA Event is your Passport to Success! - June 19, 2016